Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Adventure Science Center






Today we spent the entire day at the Adventure Science Center. It was a lot of fun. My favorite was the "Amazing Age Progression Machine" I hope I don't look that bad at 72! Abi looked a lot like my grandma. Caleb looked deformed. And the machine wouldn't work for Grace. Abi really liked playing doctor and seeing the inside of a human body. We played with models and x-rays. And we saw a REAL human brain! The kids also lifted a real car, I'm not kidding! They had a lever set up that allowed both Abi and Caleb to lift a real car. Grace tried, but it was a little too heavy for her. All the kids played in the huge play thing. It goes up 6+ floors. There is a really tight staircase to walk up to the top, if you didn't want to go through the play structure. I was never really afraid of heights, but today, that was a little different! I carried Elijah and helped Zoe the whole way up, and it's wasn't fun for me! I felt VERY dizzy. Caleb said that he liked everything. Grace said she really like the dinosaurs. And I think Zoe liked the racing balls the best. Everyone had a really good time. And there was so much to explore it was Science OVERLOAD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out the Opryland Hotel! It's a fun place to simply wander and look around (indoor rivers and boats)! ;)Just another Nashville idea.
Oh, and the Parthenon is a site to see. It is a replica of the one in Greece...complete with a replica of the statue of Athena inside. I believe it's downtown near V.U.

We passed through the area just a couple of weeks ago!

Love,
~the Simmons