Friday, July 27, 2007

My Tire

Yesterday, Thursday, the kids and I went to "The Dukes of Hazzard" museum called Cooter's. I enjoyed seeing all the vintage Dukes items. It was so cool, they actually had a vintage Duke's three wheeler, exactly like the one my sister had! The kids didn't have that much fun. They like seeing the car, but all the other stuff bored them.

When driving around to see the area and looking for the Opryland Hotel, I ran into some trouble. I was a little lost and was trying to turn around. There was old brick curbing, and I accidentally hit it. It damaged my tire. Although it was still drivable, it was VERY damaged, and could have blown at any second. I drove under the minimum speed limit to get back to my hotel, where I found a place that could replace my tire. The tire wasn't cheap, but I will be able to get home.

We leave tomorrow morning. I have had a lot of fun on this trip, but I am ready to get back. I haven't been disciplining they way I should. And I think it shows in the kids, especially Caleb. Today I need to do laundry and pack up. I think Chris and I are both tired of traveling, but Chris has one more week.

No comments: