Thursday, May 7, 2009

Nellie's Dryer Balls


I am always looking for ways of being more frugal and to avoid chemicals. A couple weeks ago, at Aldi's, I picked up Nellies Dryer Balls. They say they soften your laundry "naturally" without chemicals. They also claim "their will be less lint, your towels will be more absorbent, and they will reduce your drying time by 25%". I have been using them this past week, and they seem to work okay. I have notice less lint. But really haven't paid attention to their other claims. Our laundry does lack that smell you get from dryer sheets, but that is the point of the dryer balls. (no chemicals, they do sell balls that you can add essential oils too, for a nice smell) I haven't notice static with the dryer balls either. So, will I contiue to use these balls or recommend them? Yes, I will continue to use them, especially on my cloth diapers. I still have some dryer sheets and may use them when washing sheets to give them that "smell". But otherwise these work fine. They do sometimes get "lost" in the laundry. But if your folding your laundry right away, it isn't that big of a deal. I bought mine for the bargin of $6.00 at Aldi's. But Nellies sells them on their website for $19.99 plus shipping. Check them out on their site...

No comments: