Thursday, July 30, 2009

Recipe

People ask me all the time, "So what does a vegan eat?" As I was going through my recipes, I came across an oldie, but a goodie. Here is an example of what the Reederbunch will be having for dinner. Tonight on the menu... Chinese Food.

Mixed Chinese Veggies- Quick and Easy these are frozen
Dried Chickpeas- Yes, I soaked and cooked these
Brown Rice- This will be served on the side for the kiddos
(we are out of cauliflower)

And the MOST important ingredient...

Teriyaki Sauce

3 oz. Braggs Liquid Amino Acids (or you can use soy sauce)
12 oz. Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
1 Tablespoon Grated Fresh Ginger
1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
(0ptional)
1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Peppers (this adds a kick)

Put all ingredients into a saucepan, get it hot...

Separately mix...
6oz Cold Water
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch

Then add to saucepan.

Wait until it boils for 15 seconds, it will start to stick as cornstarch thickens.

Remove from heat and serve!!! Yummy!

Warning... I normally don't use the crushed red peppers, because of the kids. Today I did, and I forgot how hot it makes it! Wow, it was spicy! I let the children taste and now they can't wait until dinner time!

No comments: