Saturday, July 25, 2009

Rice Substitute



I just tried this and it tastes great!!! So as a substitute for rice, I discovered cauliflower. Some times I just can't wait 45 for brown rice. I can't tell you how many times Chris asks, if dinner is ready, what are we waiting on? My answer... The Rice! Yesterday, cauliflower was on sale at the grocery store, so I picked up two heads and threw them in my food processor on the grater blade. Later, when I was a little hungry. I put a cup of rice like cauliflower in the microwave (I know most of my friends think that is a bad word) for 2 mins. Yum! I added a little Bragg's Liquid Amino Acids. (a soy sauce substitute, if you never heard of it check it out here... http://www.bragg.com/products/la.html) I can't wait to make Chinese food w/ cauliflower "rice".

No comments: