Thursday, August 5, 2010

Getting Caught Up with School


I see kids in our new neighbor riding bikes, and hear stories at church about what other families are doing with their last few weeks of summer. But the Reederbunch has been busy getting caught up with school. We took a break when I gave birth to Mary Kate and then when we moved, so we are trying to finish up the 2009-2010 school year, before starting the 2010-2011 year. But don't feel sorry for our children. Our family is going on vacation to VA for an entire week! We will be attending our new churches Family Conference and we are super excited!!!

I remember going to Rhodes Grove Camp as a child and I LOVED it! The only week that I wouldn't attend would be Family Camp, because, my family growing up didn't camp. I used to say, when I have my own family, we are going to family camp. But then things changed and we lived in NJ and then NC. But finally! I have the opportunity to take my own family to FAMILY CAMP! Although our new church actually calls it Family Conference, it's family camp in my head! haha... I think I might be more excited than the rest of the family. Although I know they are excited too. Family Camp... here we come!

2 comments:

Our Country Road said...

Good luck getting caught up. Family camp sounds so fun! I would like to take my own kids to family camp when they are a bit older.

~*~Simply Regina~*~ said...

Kara, I've been looking for a family camp to go to as a family for a few months, but there is nothing available through our church, unfortunately. There is another denomination that calls it "camp meeting", but my hubby isn't too keen on going to that one for a variety of reasons.

I remember going to family camp growing up too and it was so much fun. I hope you have a blast!

Blessings,
Regina