Thursday, December 2, 2010

Safe Eyes

In today's day and age, there are images everywhere. Things that we don't want to expose to our children and things we as adults shouldn't see either. This week, our family installed a new program on all our home computers called Safe Eyes. You can set up categories which keep all who use our house computers away from sites that we have decided to stay away from.

For our family, we also want to avoid idleness. Which means wasting time on things that are meaningless and lend to us being bad stewards of our time. With safe eyes you can limit your internet usage. So for me personally, I can set a time limit of an hour a day. The computer tracks your time, so I can use 15 mins here and there, but once it reaches 1 hour, I will be kicked off my computer. Also, for someone who wants to avoid the computer at certain times of the day, you can also set up the program so you are not allowed to use it during certain hours, so say during the evening hours when I should be spending quality time with my husband and children, I am not allowed to use the computer.

It will take a little getting used to as for our family we have blocked sites which we have decided are time wasters, even though there is nothing wrong with them.

To learn more about Safe Eyes visit...


No comments: