Monday, December 27, 2010

SC Snow 2010

I'm not sure why Hannah is in a tub?

Sisters

Caleb giving Elijah a sled ride.



The girls wanted a photo with the cats.

Mary stayed inside, in the warmth, eating a banana and toasted oats. And yes, she is still in her church clothes!

This past Saturday it snowed in SC! Something that we didn't think would happen, but it did!!! On Sunday morning, as we prepared to leave for church, I over heard our children telling one another to pray that the snow was still here on Monday. In their own effort to not compromise the sabbath, they didn't even ask if they were allowed to play in the snow! I was very proud of them, while others in our neighborhood were skipping worship and building snowmen, our children took delight in public and private worship. In Isaiah 58:13-14, it says, "13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: 14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it."

Please don't take this post wrong, I am not saying my children are perfect. They need a savior just like everyone else. I am merely proud of my children, as another mother may be proud of her child making the winning goal in a soccer game. I am delighted that the words of God's mortal law, which we are teaching to our children, is getting to their hearts.

When our children woke up this morning, they were delighted that there was still snow on the ground. What a blessing! Here are the photos of our SC snow!

1 comment:

Morton Family said...

How precious that your children enjoy the Sabbath! When your girls and I were singing together at church, Grace said "This is so much fun! And it's a good thing to do, too. The little kids like to play on the Sabbath, and that's fun, but it's not Sabbath appropriate. But this is fun AND Sabbath appropriate!"
How cute :)

~S~