Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hard at Work

Today we were happy to have the boys home from their trip to Raleigh. This morning after I put Philip down for his morning nap, I decided to go do the pruning of our fruit trees. I could do this myself easily, because the trees aren't that big, yet. I guess trimming trees is contagious, because Chris decided to do some trimming of his own. In the process of Chris trimming one of the children's climbing trees, we found something that excited us all. A new hen nest! Yay!!! I was so excited, because for some reason the hens stopped laying in the nesting box and we have been looking for this nest for 2 weeks!!! This is one of the problems with free ranging your chickens.
So tonight for dinner we're having eggs!
I also wanted to share a photo of our cat pumpkin. The children love her and I guess she loves us too, because she has left us two dead mice in front of our door in the last 24 hours. Good Kitty! I thought you'd rather see a photo of her than the two dead mice!

It's good to know our animals are doing their jobs!

No comments: