Monday, February 20, 2012

Pipe


I was a little nervous to do a post on my husband's pipe, because I know smoking is suppose to be bad for you, a dirty habit, right? Ever since I've known my husband, he has loved the smell of pipe tobacco. But, with his asthma, he never gave it a try. Then 2 years ago, he finally gave it a try. To our surprise, the pipe actually helped with my husband's asthma, because it helped to relax him and his lungs, actually helping him breath.
My husband doesn't smoke every day. Nor does he NEED it. But it's an enjoyable pass time for him, some say an art. Yesterday, Sabbath evening, Chris decided to smoke his pipe contemplating his day at church. He looked so handsome to me I decided to take his photo.

Handsome

Sophisticated


By the way, the pipe shown in these photos was a pipe given to Chris by my mother. It was found among my grandfather's things. Although we never knew my grandfather as a pipe smoker, it still feels special.

Just for fun, I decided to add two other photos I found in our archive.

First time Chris smoked my grandfather's pipe.

Last summer, after a long days work.

2 comments:

Mr. G's Mrs. G said...

Kara, my uncle always smoked a pipe, for as long as I could remember. I always loved being around him when he smoked it because the pipe tobacco smoke smelled so much more welcoming (is that possible?) than cigarette smoke. It was calming to me because I love and admire my uncle. He's always been a very strong person with internal fortitude and love, even though his physical stature is not indicitive of large amounts of strength. These are the fond memories that are attached to smoking a pipe for me.

When I saw Chris' picture, it reminded me Sherlock Holmes...very thoughtful and pensive. Now all he needs is a violin! LOL

Anonymous said...

It is just wonderful to see such a positive piece on pipe smoking. It affirms how smoking a pipe in moderation can truly lead a man to relaxation, contemplation and even prayer. How nice that you are supportive of it. It is important to have family men like Chris set an example to the next generation on how a pipe can be enjoyed in a natural family setting. Hope he enjoys his pipe for many years. Boswells make a great pipe and they make great Father's Day gifts :)
E. Spear :)