Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Secrets of a Home Schooling Mother of 8

I can not tell you how many times I get asked the question, "How do you do it?"
Again and again, I am asked the same question.

Well the first thing I'd like to say is I don't do it all.
But what I do, do is with the strength of the Lord.

The Lord has taught me that he will only give me what I can handle.

He has given me 8, soon to be 9, blessings.
And he gives me the strength to do all that I need too.
Including Home Schooling.

And the Lord has given me some secrets along the way that help me to get through my days.  
One of those secrets are children helping children.
My four older children have to watch the little children for 30 mins a day.
This keeps them out of trouble and busy.
As an example, my older son, Caleb, loves to draw and do crafts.
So for his 30 mins, he spend it drawing with the littles, coloring, or making things,
and keeping them out of trouble and busy.
Today after Caleb's 30 mins, I heard, "Hey Mom Look!"
I turned around to see this...

Caleb had kept Elijah and Hannah busy doing this.
They are suppose to be a king and princess.
They had a blast and it was 30 mins I was able to help some of the others with their English.

No comments: